Image by Thorsten Frenzel from Pixabay
Staying In Your Lane: When's A Good Time For A Wheel Alignment in Bakersfield, CA.
Nothing says Bakersfield, CA, like farms, dairies, oil, and agriculture! Unfortunately for our wheel alignments, all this industry and agricultural road action means our alignment goes astray relatively quickly!
Driving your vehicle on uneven roads causes it to become misaligned; essentially, the wheels no longer point in the direction intended, resulting in uneven tire wear, poor handling, and a shorter lifespan of your tires.
Therefore, knowing when your vehicle needs an alignment is important to ensure you run smoothly and safe. In this article, let's dive into the signs which indicate your car needs an alignment and how to get your wheels aligned in Bakersfield, CA.
What is wheel alignment?
Wheel alignment refers to the direction and the angle of your vehicle's wheels, which determines how they interact with the road. Proper alignment ensures that your car handles well, the tires wear evenly, and you get the best gas mileage.
Signs your vehicle needs alignment
- Uneven tire wear: Misaligned wheels can cause your tires to wear unevenly, with one side of the tire wearing out faster.
- Steering wheel off-center: A misaligned vehicle can cause the steering wheel to be off-center when driving straight.
- Vehicle pulls to one side: Misaligned wheels may cause your car to drift to one side while driving, even if the road is straight.
- Vibrating steering wheel: Misaligned wheels can cause your steering wheel to vibrate while driving.
- Noises from tires: Misaligned wheels can cause your tires to make strange noises, such as squealing or squeaking.
Causes of wheel misalignment
- Hitting a curb or pothole: Driving over potholes or hitting curbs can cause your wheels to become misaligned.
- Worn suspension components: Worn suspension parts such as ball joints, tie rod ends, or control arm bushings can cause your vehicle to become misaligned.
- Wear and tear: Over time, your vehicle's suspension components can wear out, causing your wheels to become misaligned.
- Uneven & Rough Roads: As we mentioned before, Bakersfield's road can be rough, and all that uneven and rough terrain spells disaster for your wheel's alignment.
How to get your wheels aligned
If you notice any signs that your vehicle needs an alignment, it is best to take your vehicle to a professional mechanic to check it. An experienced mechanic can use specialized equipment to determine the current alignment of your wheels and make the necessary adjustments. If you're in Kern County, Circle M Tire & Automotive has your back! Check out our special for a free alignment check!
Benefits of proper wheel alignment
- Improved handling: Proper wheel alignment can improve your vehicle's handling and make it easier to control.
- Longer tire life: Properly aligned wheels can extend the life of your tires and save you money in the long run.
- Better gas mileage: Properly aligned wheels can improve your vehicle's fuel efficiency and save you money on gas.
- Safer driving: Properly aligned wheels can help you maintain control of your vehicle, reducing the risk of accidents.
Maintaining a vehicle's alignment is essential to running smoothly and safely. You can ensure it remains arrow straight by being aware of the signs indicating your car needs an alignment and taking it to a professional mechanic for regular maintenance.
Remember, the cost of regular maintenance is far less than the cost of replacing worn-out tires or dealing with the aftermath of an accident!
Some come to Circle M Tire & Automotive in Bakersfield today! Our ASE-Certified auto mechanics will inspect, diagnose, and service your wheels, ensuring your vehicle’s alignment is set to factory standards.
Schedule your appointment today, and don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions. We’re open Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Our address is 10120 Rosedale Highway, Bakersfield, CA 93312. We look forward to showing you what it means when we say we “Stand Behind Our Word.”